I'm a married mother of "3 1/2" ;) and the loves of my life are my faith and my family. I've grown in my faith over the last two years since my daughter's adoption, she is the reason why I started this blog in the first place, and I'm so looking forward to watching God move in my heart, and the hearts of others who follow along on our journey towards bringing home one of "the least of these". Special needs adoption is my mission field, whether I'm adopting a child myself, or helping other families get funded, or shouting for waiting children who need families to find them, and I hope you'll come along for the ride and watch what God can accomplish when we say yes to His command to care for the orphan, and go out into the world to be His hands and feet.

Apparent Project Fundraiser

Apparent Project Fundraiser

Hello :)

Hello :)

My Better Half

My Better Half

The Crew

The Crew

The New Guy

The New Guy

Before Adoption

Before Adoption

Two Years After Adoption

Two Years After Adoption

Saturday, April 28, 2012

Is it just me, or does the "need" to blog seem to come in waves? I can go for weeks without updating this blog once, or updating it with just a sentence or two in an effort to fend off the guilt of not keeping people up to date on what's going on with our Kenzi. She is the core reason why this blog exists, so when I don't post, I feel like I'm letting people down!


So, let me get everyone caught up a bit, and I promise to post pics soon! Jack has misplaced the connector I need to upload pics...so I'll be searching for that this weekend. :)


Ok, so here is an update! We are inching ever closer to meeting our princess. It's been tough watching our first travel date get pushed back again and again, but it's all in God's time, so we aren't stressing. Everything has gone off without *much* of a hitch so far, even though there have definitely been road blocks, or attempts to create road blocks. In the end though, what's meant to be will always find a way, regardless of what people attempt. :)


I'm so amazed that I've been able to pull this off so far. I'm not the most organized person, so for me of all people to schedule homestudy visits, run around gathering paperwork, getting things notarized, certified, apostilled...downloading forms, mailing, faxing, fedexing...and somehow keeping track of all of this stuff...that alone is a miracle. I'm nervous about getting the court dossier together, but I know I can do it! :)


We're starting to get the house ready for Ms. Sassy Pants (her nickname...based off the limited info we have about her spunky personality!). The boys are going to share a room, and we felt it would be nice to do a make over for them, so their room is being painted a very soothing sky blue. They love it, and so do I....which rocks because Dylan and I often disagree on...everything. :) Once their room is painted, it will be decorated with a space theme. Moons, stars, planets...maybe a UFO...it's going to be fun! 


Kenzi's room is going to double as a play area for the littles, so aside from her bed and changing table, we'll just have toys in there. Her room is mint green on top, pale pink on the bottom, and David is going to install a chair rail. We already have her changing table, and we haven't settled on a crib yet...I keep changing my mind. :)BUT...we do have a theme!!! OWLS!!! I love owls, actually...I'm a bit obsessed. So, we have her bedding, valances, wall decor, and a rug...so we're getting there! It feels so strange having all this stuff back in the house, and to have girl stuff feels REALLY weird. Her closet is stocked. It's downright disgusting how many clothes she has, and shoes, and toys, and leggings, blankies, lovies, books...it's crazy but she deserves to be spoiled absolutely rotten. :)


I think that's about it! I can't wait to post pics of her new outfits, her room when it's finished, etc...I'm so grateful to everyone who has donated to our fund, bought crafts, prayed for us, asked us how things are going, it's really heartwarming so please keep us in your thoughts and prayers!!


Much love <3 ~Cilla

No comments:

Post a Comment