I'm a married mother of "3 1/2" ;) and the loves of my life are my faith and my family. I've grown in my faith over the last two years since my daughter's adoption, she is the reason why I started this blog in the first place, and I'm so looking forward to watching God move in my heart, and the hearts of others who follow along on our journey towards bringing home one of "the least of these". Special needs adoption is my mission field, whether I'm adopting a child myself, or helping other families get funded, or shouting for waiting children who need families to find them, and I hope you'll come along for the ride and watch what God can accomplish when we say yes to His command to care for the orphan, and go out into the world to be His hands and feet.

Apparent Project Fundraiser

Apparent Project Fundraiser

Hello :)

Hello :)

My Better Half

My Better Half

The Crew

The Crew

The New Guy

The New Guy

Before Adoption

Before Adoption

Two Years After Adoption

Two Years After Adoption

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Koins 4 Kenzi

I tried this coin drive thing once before with some success...we made a little over $200! I thought I would give it a whirl again, since we're SO close to being fully funded, I think it would be awesome to get over that hump with nothing but spare change! So I set to work....check out my awesome change jar.
Of course I invited other people to collect their spare change for Kenzi too...what happened really surprised me.

FIVE kids are giving up their PIGGY BANK change to help Kenzi come home. My friend's daughter who is also adopted from Russia was the first to volunteer, then my friend's little boy offered to share the change he used to "feed his piggy" to help Kenzi, then my other friend's little girls did this:
three sweet little girls have pooled their money for Kenzi, and vowed not to stop collecting til "the teddy bears tummy is full".

Guys...this has touched me more than ANYTHING in this process so far. I have been humbled and blessed by all the donations we've received, all the acts of selflessness, all the help with fundraisers...I'm so grateful for all of it, but...to see babies raiding their piggy banks for a little girl they don't know...wow. It doesn't take a lot to know that every kid deserves a mommy...these sweet souls GET that, and they're sacrificing EVERYTHING they have without a thought to make sure my little girl gets a mommy. Thank you so, so much...you guys have raised AMAZING children. 

No comments:

Post a Comment