I'm a married mother of "3 1/2" ;) and the loves of my life are my faith and my family. I've grown in my faith over the last two years since my daughter's adoption, she is the reason why I started this blog in the first place, and I'm so looking forward to watching God move in my heart, and the hearts of others who follow along on our journey towards bringing home one of "the least of these". Special needs adoption is my mission field, whether I'm adopting a child myself, or helping other families get funded, or shouting for waiting children who need families to find them, and I hope you'll come along for the ride and watch what God can accomplish when we say yes to His command to care for the orphan, and go out into the world to be His hands and feet.

Apparent Project Fundraiser

Apparent Project Fundraiser

Hello :)

Hello :)

My Better Half

My Better Half

The Crew

The Crew

The New Guy

The New Guy

Before Adoption

Before Adoption

Two Years After Adoption

Two Years After Adoption

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

An Update

It's been a while since I updated, so I thought I would pop on and let everyone know what is going on with our girl. :)

We have been struggling for a while with getting a court date due to some paperwork issues. Today that was all settled, and we were told we would have a court date next week, and it would likely be in October. We are THRILLED!!! I can't wait to get my sweet little peanut back in my arms again!

For the last few months, we've been operating under the assumption that our 3rd trip would be waived. We had good reason to believe that it would be, and we settled on a fully number, $17,100...we hit that number with a small cushion and we were THRILLED!

Today we learned that our 3rd trip would not be waived.

So what does that mean for us? Basically, it means we need to scramble. Our new "fully funded" number is $21,000. That will make up for the extra airfare, hotel, food, etc that the addition of this 3rd trip will cost us. We don't have much time to get this money together...

This is what we're dealing with

Approx 60 days til "gotcha day"

$3,535 til we reach $21,000

That's an average of about $59 a day, for 60 days

Right now we have a Tastefully Simple party going on until October 5th, you can find it HERE (when ordering, please put my first and last name in as host!) 

In a week I will be doing what us crafty chicks call a "destash" auction...basically all the crafting supplies I have and don't need...I'll be auctioning off, along with some bows I have.

We're also selling brownies to help grow Kenzi's adoption fund, a dozen brownies is $15 shipped, so comment and donate if you want some goodies!

That's really all i got right now. What we really, really need...is a miracle. We need a lot of money, on short notice, and I've spent 9 months fundraising....everyone I know who is willing to help, already has, I have no one to turn to to help us get this money. If there is someone out there looking to change a life, or help a stranger in need...I hope they'll find us, and find Kenzi's story, and be the guardian angel she needs. Prayer is really all I have left, and I hope you'll all pray with me.

Love, 
Cilla

My sweet Kenzi, rocked to sleep in her mommy's arms.
Please help us make this her new normal.
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment