I'm a married mother of "3 1/2" ;) and the loves of my life are my faith and my family. I've grown in my faith over the last two years since my daughter's adoption, she is the reason why I started this blog in the first place, and I'm so looking forward to watching God move in my heart, and the hearts of others who follow along on our journey towards bringing home one of "the least of these". Special needs adoption is my mission field, whether I'm adopting a child myself, or helping other families get funded, or shouting for waiting children who need families to find them, and I hope you'll come along for the ride and watch what God can accomplish when we say yes to His command to care for the orphan, and go out into the world to be His hands and feet.

Apparent Project Fundraiser

Apparent Project Fundraiser

Hello :)

Hello :)

My Better Half

My Better Half

The Crew

The Crew

The New Guy

The New Guy

Before Adoption

Before Adoption

Two Years After Adoption

Two Years After Adoption

Monday, October 29, 2012

Special Request

In roughly 3 hours my friend's daughter will be going under the knife for what seems like the millionth time in her short, sweet life. She is having a piece of her skull removed from her stomach, where it was put to continue growing, and placed back on her head. She was the victim of Shaken Baby Syndrome back in August and is truly a miracle baby. I will admit that when I saw the first photos of her lying in the hospital, I couldn't wrap my head around how such a tiny person could fight hard enough to overcome what had been done to her...but Cheyenne has shocked us all with her strength, and what has stood out the most to me is how HAPPY she still is. What a sweet spirit she has. I know grown men who couldn't fight as hard as this princess has! 

Please keep Chey in your hearts and prayers as she undergoes this procedure!

I would like to share another blog post with you that talks about Cheyenne, and shows just how many people she has in her corner! I shared Cheyenne's story in the Reece's Rainbow community and so many people came together to pray for her recovery. Please read the post above. It's so touching.

Also, I would again like to say thank you to Amy, Chey's mom, who even though she is enduring so much with her own daughter right now, still took the time to try and help me bring my daughter home. Many of you know that Cheyenne has a facebook page with over 100,000 fans! So many people have rallied behind Chey and Amy and really wrapped them up in prayers and well wishes. Amy used this outlet to ask for prayers for my Kenzi and because of it I gained over 100 facebook friends in a day! So many well wishes, some donations, and just a general sense of people caring not only about Kenzi, but all the children like Kenzi who have been left in orphanages around the world. Thank you Amy for taking a tragedy and doing your part to bless other children through it. We all love Chey and will be there with you every step of the way!



No comments:

Post a Comment