I'm a married mother of "3 1/2" ;) and the loves of my life are my faith and my family. I've grown in my faith over the last two years since my daughter's adoption, she is the reason why I started this blog in the first place, and I'm so looking forward to watching God move in my heart, and the hearts of others who follow along on our journey towards bringing home one of "the least of these". Special needs adoption is my mission field, whether I'm adopting a child myself, or helping other families get funded, or shouting for waiting children who need families to find them, and I hope you'll come along for the ride and watch what God can accomplish when we say yes to His command to care for the orphan, and go out into the world to be His hands and feet.

Apparent Project Fundraiser

Apparent Project Fundraiser

Hello :)

Hello :)

My Better Half

My Better Half

The Crew

The Crew

The New Guy

The New Guy

Before Adoption

Before Adoption

Two Years After Adoption

Two Years After Adoption

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Enter Clever Title Here

I couldn't come up with a clever title for this blog post, so yeah. :P


I have been posting a lot about fundraising lately, and to be honest it's because there isn't a whole lot going on around here aside from fundraising and the usually family stuff. 


But, there are a *few* things worth updating about...so here it is!


First, let me address the most common question I get...which is "WHEN ARE YOU GOING BACK TO RUSSIA FOR COURT?!?!?! WHEN WILL KENZI COME HOME?!?!"


Yes. This question is often in all caps, and yes...I know it's actually 2 questions, but they always go hand in hand...so let's go with it, shall we?


Now, for the answer(s).


We had expected to get back to Russia for court in late July. That is not going to happen due to some paperwork delays on the Russia side of things. No biggie, our girl is in a good place, we'll get back when we're meant to get back, and it's expected to be the first or second week of September. The positive in this is that airfare will be cheaper, which is why we're now $6500 away from being fully funded, instead of $10000 away, so thank God for always showing us the silver lining. As far as when Kenzi will come home, that will be 30 days after court, so to keep things really simple, lets say that Kenzi will be home in time to rock her first Halloween costume...which will be amazing!!!


As far as how things are flowing on our side of the pond...we're done with paperwork! I need to pick up a few papers, but as far as filling stuff out, we're good to go on that. We're waiting for our state background checks to come back, I have to pick up the disks that contain our chest xrays, and I have to pick up a copy of our doctor's medical license...then I need to have all that (and the other paperwork!) notarized, certified, then driven alllll the way to Nashville to be apostilled....then it can be sent to our agency, where it will be reviewed, then it will be forwarded to Moscow where it will be reviewed again, and translated, before it's forwarded on to our in country facilitator...so that's where we all on all that!


So, you're caught up on where we are in the process...so now let's catch up on how we're going to get this sweet girl home!


Why, thank you for asking, random notecard holding hand! There are several ways you can help!


You can pray for us. I know that sounds cheesy, but I do truly believe in the power of prayer, and I do believe that the fact that we are this close to being funded is proof that God wants Kenzi in our family, so please, pray for our family!


You can donate. I don't like to be that girl that begs for money, so I do my best to offer something in return. I make lots of girly items, so check out 


my facebook page at: www.facebook.com/KenzisKraftKorner 


My nesting doll giveaway at: http://www.facebook.com/events/414826038559028/ 


and coming soon....the mother of all giveaways, featuring well over $1000 in prizes! It's launching soon, so stay tuned!


Now, for something fun!!! As many of you know, I'm funding a good chunk of this adoption through crafting. I've always loved to craft, and now it's helping to bring my girl home so I love it even more!!! Well, the more orders I got for crafts, the more supplies I needed, and the more supplies I needed, the more storage I needed! A friend told me about these storage cubes that are specially designed for crafters, and for organizing crafts! Anyone who knows me knows that my 2 great loves (outside of my family) are crafting, and organizing...so when she told me about a product that combined the two...I'm pretty sure I heard angels singing. Check out this picture and tell me you aren't in love!
well, my anniversary is Sunday, so I told my hubby that I wanted something like this, for organizing my craft supplies...and we went to Michael's and he bought me a smaller version of this set up, except mine has a desk top. I can't WAIT to get it all set up and show you pictures!!! EEK!!!


Well, that's it for now...Good night, and much love, 
Cilla

No comments:

Post a Comment