I'm a married mother of "3 1/2" ;) and the loves of my life are my faith and my family. I've grown in my faith over the last two years since my daughter's adoption, she is the reason why I started this blog in the first place, and I'm so looking forward to watching God move in my heart, and the hearts of others who follow along on our journey towards bringing home one of "the least of these". Special needs adoption is my mission field, whether I'm adopting a child myself, or helping other families get funded, or shouting for waiting children who need families to find them, and I hope you'll come along for the ride and watch what God can accomplish when we say yes to His command to care for the orphan, and go out into the world to be His hands and feet.

Apparent Project Fundraiser

Apparent Project Fundraiser

Hello :)

Hello :)

My Better Half

My Better Half

The Crew

The Crew

The New Guy

The New Guy

Before Adoption

Before Adoption

Two Years After Adoption

Two Years After Adoption

Monday, July 16, 2012

For Beatrice

Sometimes I think about what Kenzi's future might have been had we seen her picture, and looked away.


Adoption...
It's too expensive.
It's too hard.
It's too time consuming.


Special Needs Adoption...
It's a lifetime commitment.
We aren't 100% what we're getting into.
We aren't prepared for the added "burden".


All of these things cross *every* adoptive parents mind at one time or another. There is no shame in it, it's ok to be scared of the unknown...but sometimes you just have to take a chance, and every single child DESERVES to have someone take a chance on them.


We took a giant leap of faith when we committed to our precious daughter. We didn't know where the money would come from, where the love would come from, where ANYTHING would come from. We did know that we were led to her for a reason, and that reason wasn't to just walk away and pretend we weren't touched by that sweet face.


Then, we met her. Every doubt and fear...gone. All we knew was she was OURS, always had been, it just took us a little while to find her. We were smitten, in love, in awe...amazed at how beautiful she was, how smart she was, how FUNNY she was!! In our world, the sun rises and sets on our children, all 3 of them.


Every child deserves to have parents that are in love with them, who rejoice in every milestone they meet, from clapping their hands for the first time, to running a marathon. Every child should see the pride their parents have in their achievements, they should have parents that push them to reach their full potential, who kiss boo-boo's when they fall, who hold them when they're scared, who love them unconditionally.


It is nothing less than an honor that Dave and I get to give that to Kenzi. She deserves it, she deserves it 100x more than we are humanly capable of giving it to her, but rest assured, when that little girl comes home, she will never again go a day without knowing that she has a Mama, and a Papa, and that she is loved and treasured and accepted for exactly who she in in a family who thinks she hung the moon.


It's time to help another little girl find her Mama, somewhere out there is a Mama with empty arms. Maybe she doesn't know her arms are empty, maybe it will take a little push, a tiny nudge, for her to realize that there has been something missing in her life!


Sweet tiny Beatrice. She is only 9 months old, she has no eyes, she has no nose, yet she might be one of the prettiest babies I've ever seen! "Perfection" and "Beauty" do not always mean the same thing. Beatrice is beautiful and she deserves to hear it everyday of her life, she deserves a Mama who will cheer her on, hug and kiss her, and make her LOVE LIFE, despite the obstacles she will face.


Are you her Mama? Maybe so! If not, you can be her *advocate* until her Mama finds her. Please, join me in helping this precious baby find her forever family!


http://reecesrainbow.org/41025/beatrice


^^ This is her Reece's Rainbow link. Share it with the world! Blog about her, post about her on Facebook, Twitter, tell your mom, your sister, your book club, your co-workers, your roommate....tell everyone that THIS little girl, she's worth something, and she isn't forgotten!


Her grant fund only has $10, can we change that? I'm going to go double it right now, I can't afford much because I'm in the process myself, but I can afford to do SOMETHING, and I'm really hoping that other people step up and decide to help Beatrice too!


August 3, 4, and 5 there is a flea market in our town, and I'm going to have a donation jar out for Beatrice as well as several Reece's Rainbow bows available and the proceeds will go towards Beatrice. After the flea market I'll be starting a FB page, and 50% of all sales will go towards Beatrice. The other half will cover supplies and shipping. I hope you'll check it out when it's up and running!


Thanks for reading, and please keep this sweet girl in your thoughts and prayers!



2 comments:

  1. Oh My goodness, I seen Beatrices picture on facebook when you posted it and immediately had to share it. This little girl has captured my heart and hope to dinf her a mama soon. Please let me know when you are selling stuff to benefit her. I love buying stuff to help bring Kenzi home and will do whatever I can to help her too.....Thanks so much! Tiffany Bell-Zylka
    P.S. I just checked her account and its at $83!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I just love Beatrice too! I am her "guardian angel" through RR and I am desperate to find her a Mama. Thank you so much for donating and advocating for this little love!

    ReplyDelete