I'm a married mother of "3 1/2" ;) and the loves of my life are my faith and my family. I've grown in my faith over the last two years since my daughter's adoption, she is the reason why I started this blog in the first place, and I'm so looking forward to watching God move in my heart, and the hearts of others who follow along on our journey towards bringing home one of "the least of these". Special needs adoption is my mission field, whether I'm adopting a child myself, or helping other families get funded, or shouting for waiting children who need families to find them, and I hope you'll come along for the ride and watch what God can accomplish when we say yes to His command to care for the orphan, and go out into the world to be His hands and feet.

Apparent Project Fundraiser

Apparent Project Fundraiser

Hello :)

Hello :)

My Better Half

My Better Half

The Crew

The Crew

The New Guy

The New Guy

Before Adoption

Before Adoption

Two Years After Adoption

Two Years After Adoption

Thursday, May 24, 2012

our first visit with kenzi. I cant even begin to describe how this precious angel stole my heart! she is so sweet and cuddly and in desperate need of a mama ....but she has one now. :) she is healthier than we thought but still needs heart surgery...its just not as dire of a situation as we were led to believe. her eye's are healthy and she is a good eater! shes gained 4 pounds and has grown 2 inches. she loves to eat!!! she can sit unassisted, pull up to a standing position but she isn't walking. she is physically the size of a 12 month old. cognitively she is 8-10 months but she is developing and learning everyday and we're confident that shes going to blossom once shes home! she warmed up to us immediately. she was woken up from her nap to come meet us and once she was handed to me she snuggled right in for another snooze. she was so content to be held and loved on! we spoke with her speech therapist who said shes learning quickly, going from being totally non verbal to saying mama, papa, da, paka, and other short words. we went out to play where sister promptly befriended a duck on wheels. somewhere along the way the duck must have given my princess the stink eye because she gave it a look then chucked it. girlfriend has a future playing softball! after the duck altercation we moved on to the swing and she loved it...until she hated it and tried to escape Lol!! we moved on to a power wheels car and she was ALL about driving! she was so content in that car but after about 15 minutes she was getting tired so we snuggled until it was time to take her back in for lunch. after we handed her off to the orphanage director for lunch, the doctor came in and told us all about Kenzis medical history as well as her parents history. her mom is now 25 and her dad is only 21. the orphanage director actually spoke with Kenzis mother and she gave her blessing for the adoption. she was thrilled that someone wanted to take her home and love her. she said she hoped we would love her as our own. I couldn't imagine being so young and having a child with health problems while living in a country with no resources to turn to for help. this young mother did what she thought was the right thing for her little girl and as much as I will do everything I can to never let Kenzi down, I never want to let her mother down either. the baby house was nothing like I pictured. everyone seemed to genuinely love the kids, they were decently dressed, they had lots of toys and an awesome outdoor play area! (side note: everything these kids have has been donated so PLEASE keep donating!! we have 2 trips left! lets fill up another suitcase full of goods for these babies!!) it really helped calm my mama's heart to see how loved and cared for my sweetheart is. more later. :)

1 comment:

  1. I saw on the RR facebook group that you are in V. I would love to ask you if you saw a certain someone there. My husband and I are currently working on our homestudy paperwork. You can find me on facebook or through my email: alyssabpittman at gmail dot com.

    I hope your trip is going well! Kenzi is beautiful!

    Alyssa

    ReplyDelete