I'm a married mother of "3 1/2" ;) and the loves of my life are my faith and my family. I've grown in my faith over the last two years since my daughter's adoption, she is the reason why I started this blog in the first place, and I'm so looking forward to watching God move in my heart, and the hearts of others who follow along on our journey towards bringing home one of "the least of these". Special needs adoption is my mission field, whether I'm adopting a child myself, or helping other families get funded, or shouting for waiting children who need families to find them, and I hope you'll come along for the ride and watch what God can accomplish when we say yes to His command to care for the orphan, and go out into the world to be His hands and feet.

Apparent Project Fundraiser

Apparent Project Fundraiser

Hello :)

Hello :)

My Better Half

My Better Half

The Crew

The Crew

The New Guy

The New Guy

Before Adoption

Before Adoption

Two Years After Adoption

Two Years After Adoption

Monday, January 30, 2012

"Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end: then stop."

Fundraising. Ahhh how I've loathed thee these last few weeks/months.

After talking with a few friends who've held big fundraisers, we decided to follow suit. But what to do?

What to do....


Then a friend had an idea...

Natasha wouldn't be home with us to celebrate her 3rd birthday, so why not have an Alice in Wonderland themed 'un'birthday party for the fundraiser!

I *love* Alice in Wonderland, it's my favorite Disney movie so I JUMPED at the chance to be a part of such a cool idea!


As we started throwing out ideas, everything started to fall into place...

We are going to combine the 'un'birthday theme with lots of other fun Alice in Wonderland ideas...


We are going to have a raffle, a silent auction, a live auction, food, drinks, an art contest, lots of games and prizes, karaoke, a bake sale...it's going to be an awesome night.

Here are some of our ideas, let us know what you think!

an idea of what our inviations might look like :)


a friend of a friend has so graciously volunteered to make our cake!


we will have people dressed up as all of the characters from Alice in Wonderland...I get to be the Queen of Hearts! Whoo hoo!


Alison and I took a little trip to Hobby Lobby tonight to get ideas for decorations, etc...Red and black will be our theme, as well as hearts, of course! This garland was perfect!



heart shaped tealights! Love!


More pretty garland <3


PERFECT welcome sign for the event...I'm so glad Alison needed it for her house, and being the kind person she is she's going to let us borrow it! :)




These are all ideas for the bake sale...Little heart decorations for cupcakes, cute boxes and bakery bags, etc... *LOVE*



These would be PERFECT to hang on , or above our food and drink tables! One will say "Eat Me" and the other will say "Drink Me".....like in Alice in Wonderland!!



And of course no Alice themed party would be complete without pink flamingos! (Croquet anyone??)


And of course...a white rabbit is a must!



Red and black pails for one of many games!


centerpiece holders....


white roses for centerpieces....


white roses which, of course, must be painted red.... ;)


pretty ribbon that we'll definitely find a good use for!


and how much fun is this?! We are going to do face painting for the kids (and what the heck...the adults can get in on the face painting too if they wanna! lol)

Hope you can join us! We've had some great items donated for auction and raffle!!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Last but not least...look at what we're working on having DONATED for auction? AMAZING!



These doll houses are incredible!!

Have a great night...I'm off to bed <3





1 comment:

  1. Have you been playing Sims Social on facebook? They had an Alice in Wonderland theme recently! My knowledge of the story is pretty much limited to what I learned from playing that game, LOL. I led some sort of weird semi-sheltered childhood where I saw The Little Mermaid, The Jungle Book, Pinocchio, 101 Dalmatians, and Pocahontas (which came out when I was... seven or eight I think? Maybe nine.) a million times, but I NEVER saw Alice in Wonderland, or Cinderella, or Snow White, or Sleeping Beauty, and I didn't much care for Beauty and the Beast. I'm constantly amazing people by not having seen classic Disney movies, and by having grown up without dressing up like a Disney princess, but instead running around in a pair of red underwear like Mowgli. Ha. Weird kid, I was.

    Tangent aside, I LOVE the idea, and the invitation, and - holy cow - that's a cake?! I have a friend who does cakes, I will HAVE to show that to her. I can't even draw spiderwebs on cupcakes. That looks impossibly hard.

    Also, those dollhouses are gorgeous. I've lusted after them at Hobby Lobby many times. When will the drawing be? I could read but I'm sort of lazy, and spent all my awake time writing this comment, which got very long as my comments and other forms of writing often do. If I have money I may just have to enter that one... but it's a big IF, LOL.

    Keeping you and your precious little one in my thoughts and prayers, and sticking around for updates!

    ReplyDelete