I'm a married mother of "3 1/2" ;) and the loves of my life are my faith and my family. I've grown in my faith over the last two years since my daughter's adoption, she is the reason why I started this blog in the first place, and I'm so looking forward to watching God move in my heart, and the hearts of others who follow along on our journey towards bringing home one of "the least of these". Special needs adoption is my mission field, whether I'm adopting a child myself, or helping other families get funded, or shouting for waiting children who need families to find them, and I hope you'll come along for the ride and watch what God can accomplish when we say yes to His command to care for the orphan, and go out into the world to be His hands and feet.

Apparent Project Fundraiser

Apparent Project Fundraiser

Hello :)

Hello :)

My Better Half

My Better Half

The Crew

The Crew

The New Guy

The New Guy

Before Adoption

Before Adoption

Two Years After Adoption

Two Years After Adoption

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

A brothers love...

My oldest son never ceases to amaze. Right when I'm totally convinced that he's completely crossed over into the land of preteen angst, where I only exist for the purpose of providing food and money...he TOTALLY blows my mind with how thoughtful he truly is. Today my sweet Dylan, on this first day back to school, (he is homeschooled) asked if he could do something for Natasha, his soon to be baby sister. I told him of course he could and now, 2 hours later, this amazing kid has made and distributed 20 flyers about Natasha's Maggie Moo's scoop night. He made me drive him to 30 different businesses, and even when he was rejected, he didn't get discouraged, he kept going.

"Hi I'm Dylan and the kid in this picture is going to be my sister. She's sick, can you put this flyer in your window so people can see her and come to her ice cream night?"

He was such a big boy, he didn't need my help at all...which as a mom hurt a little, but I'm so proud of how independent he's becoming. I don't know how good I would feel after being rejected 10 times, but he didn't see it that way, in his world his sister was ACCEPTED 20 times, and man...it made his day!! He hasn't stopped smiling.

I could really learn a lot from this kid of mine...things won't always go my way, I might get rejected, but.....

JUST. KEEP. TRYING.

Thanks Dyl pickle...I guess you were the teacher today. :)

2 comments: