I'm a married mother of "3 1/2" ;) and the loves of my life are my faith and my family. I've grown in my faith over the last two years since my daughter's adoption, she is the reason why I started this blog in the first place, and I'm so looking forward to watching God move in my heart, and the hearts of others who follow along on our journey towards bringing home one of "the least of these". Special needs adoption is my mission field, whether I'm adopting a child myself, or helping other families get funded, or shouting for waiting children who need families to find them, and I hope you'll come along for the ride and watch what God can accomplish when we say yes to His command to care for the orphan, and go out into the world to be His hands and feet.

Apparent Project Fundraiser

Apparent Project Fundraiser

Hello :)

Hello :)

My Better Half

My Better Half

The Crew

The Crew

The New Guy

The New Guy

Before Adoption

Before Adoption

Two Years After Adoption

Two Years After Adoption

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Slacker!

Ok so I've been a slacker when it comes to updating our timeline, and the finances of this adoption, so I'll do my best to update here!

I think I left off in mid December with our timeline. Since then we have:

 *chosen a homestudy agency and social worker
*been in contact with our adoption agency
*filled out a bazillion pieces of paper
*had physicals done (all 4 of us)
*tracked down tax returns, insurance information, 401k information, copies of our deed, copies of our car title, etc
*went to Chicago to get certified copies of our birth certificates and marriage certificate
*applied for and received our passports
*received and filled out our homestudy paperwork
*received and filled out our homestudy review paperwork
*received and filled out MANY forms needed for our dossier
*received and gone over the forms needed for our preliminary dossier
*started the process of applying for our visas
*received and filled out the paperwork for our I-600A
*took pictures of the family
*took pictures of the house/yard
*bought Natasha's toddler bed and toy box (already had a dresser)
*bought lots of girl toys
*bought LOTS of warm clothes to leave with her in Russia when we meet her for the first time <3
*bought some summer clothes for when she comes home :)
*deep cleaned the house like maniacs for the homestudy

Ok! so that's where we are on that front, we still have plenty we need to do though so please keep us in your prayers! We're going to start prepping to bring our little lady home soon! We need a crib, playpen, walker, high chair, 12-24 month clothes, baby-ish toys that will help her with gross motor skills, eye hand coordination, etc...if you have any of these things to give away or sell, please let us know!

Here is the financial breakdown (as it stands today...some of these things can and will waiver!)

I'll just start from the beginning, as that's the easiest:

$275 to Reece's Rainbow to commit to our princess
$80 for birth certificates/marriage certificates
$270 Passports
$1450 homestudy
$200 mileage for social worker
$2000 to agency
$600 for homestudy review
$2655 for agency expenses
$720 USCIS fee
$170 USCIS fingerprinting
$1500 visas
$400 other expenses, apostilling, whatever happens to come up...

ok, the above is everything that has been/will be paid before we travel for our first trip (March baby!! *fingers crossed*)

Here is what we need FOR that trip:
$2000 in US cash to be paid to facilitator in country
$2700 airline tickets
$1000 hotel
$600 driver
$1500 other (food, etc)

($2000 more paid to agency between 1st and 2nd trip)

2nd Trip:
All of the above plus:
$1000 medical exams done in Russia for me and Dave

3rd Trip:
All of the above minus medicals, plus:
$1000 orphanage donation
$404 Natasha's visa
$150 Natasha's medical exam for visa
$1300 Natasha's airfare!!!
$800 Natasha's medical evaluation

That my friends is a grand total of around $34,000...that number could go down a little if we get some sweet hook ups for hotel, airfare, etc...or, it could go WAY up if we need to redo things, end up traveling at a "peak" time, etc...

So, that number is pretty scary for a couple of Tennessee folks like us! LOL If you care to show so cyber donation LUV to our little Tasha bear, the chip in and Reece's Rainbow buttons are right over there! :) ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>


Hope this post answered a lot of the questions I've been getting lately!

1 comment:

  1. My only advice to you is this: Bring more US cash than anticipated. Often, once in country you're expected fees increase and you could be SOL if not prepared. Friends of ours adopted from Russia roughly 7 years ago and had to do a bank wire transfer that costed them dearly because they had to spend about a week longer in Russia then anticipated (longer hotel, airfare change, more money to the facilitator). Other friends of ours who have adopted internationally have face some of the same challenges. I'm sure I'm not telling you anything you don't already know but still...

    ReplyDelete