I'm a married mother of "3 1/2" ;) and the loves of my life are my faith and my family. I've grown in my faith over the last two years since my daughter's adoption, she is the reason why I started this blog in the first place, and I'm so looking forward to watching God move in my heart, and the hearts of others who follow along on our journey towards bringing home one of "the least of these". Special needs adoption is my mission field, whether I'm adopting a child myself, or helping other families get funded, or shouting for waiting children who need families to find them, and I hope you'll come along for the ride and watch what God can accomplish when we say yes to His command to care for the orphan, and go out into the world to be His hands and feet.

Apparent Project Fundraiser

Apparent Project Fundraiser

Hello :)

Hello :)

My Better Half

My Better Half

The Crew

The Crew

The New Guy

The New Guy

Before Adoption

Before Adoption

Two Years After Adoption

Two Years After Adoption

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

A Year From Now...

I haven't had a lot of time to sit down and just *think* lately. I've been running around gathering paperwork, organizing paperwork, getting my house home study ready, compiling document for our dossier, cleaning, doing the mom and wife thing...you know how it is!

Right now though, the hubby is running errands, the baby is sleeping, Dyl is doing his own thing...so I'm alone in the quiet, just thinking. My mind keeps going to one thought....what will my life be like a year from now?

When all the paperwork, fundraising, travel, and (hopefully) surgery for Natasha is done, and it's just me and Dave and our 3 awesome kids...what will that FEEL like?

I fall asleep at night wondering if Natasha had a good day, wondering what she ate, wondering if she was held, or if her diaper got changed often enough. Was she playful? or tired? Does she have a cold, or the flu? Is she sleeping well? Did she get a bath? I wonder what her hair smells like, what her skin feels like...I wonder how she'll feel in my arms, what her personality will be like...

But a year from now, I'll know all of those things! I'll be able to hold her, talk to her, play with her, kiss her, cuddle her....she will be RIGHT HERE in my arms.

That is so mind blowing! That thought and those images give me the will to FIGHT HARDER to get her home. It's a long road, we need money, we need prayer, we need a miracle...but we can rejoice in the fact that we believe that God is still in the miracle working business!!!

Natasha can't walk now because she's been left in a crib or hospital bed her entire life...but after 6 at home with her rowdy brothers and receiving physical therapy, in a year will she be doing this?


or what about this??


Who knows...maybe she's a rebel and she'll be doing this!!!


Regardless of what she's doing, the fact remains that she will be HERE, doing it in her own home, with her own family, far away from an orphanage, far, far away from an institution! We are so grateful to those who have helped, honestly we couldn't do this without the help of our friends and community. We've received so much love and help and support, and at the same time we've received so little help from the people we thought we could rely on most, but that's ok because God is good and he will supply ALL of our needs!!

Don't forget our Maggie Moo's night on Jan 23rd from 5-9pm at the Jackson, TN Maggie Moos! Maggie herself will be there! :)

Also, there has been some talk of a bake sale...any suggestions, ideas, etc?? Let me know!!!

Blessings!


1 comment:

  1. :) I am so excited to follow your journey to your little Natasha!

    ReplyDelete