I'm a married mother of "3 1/2" ;) and the loves of my life are my faith and my family. I've grown in my faith over the last two years since my daughter's adoption, she is the reason why I started this blog in the first place, and I'm so looking forward to watching God move in my heart, and the hearts of others who follow along on our journey towards bringing home one of "the least of these". Special needs adoption is my mission field, whether I'm adopting a child myself, or helping other families get funded, or shouting for waiting children who need families to find them, and I hope you'll come along for the ride and watch what God can accomplish when we say yes to His command to care for the orphan, and go out into the world to be His hands and feet.

Apparent Project Fundraiser

Apparent Project Fundraiser

Hello :)

Hello :)

My Better Half

My Better Half

The Crew

The Crew

The New Guy

The New Guy

Before Adoption

Before Adoption

Two Years After Adoption

Two Years After Adoption

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Quick Update

Hey everyone :) This is just going to be a super quick update to let everyone know what's been going on the last couple of days.

I finally got my rear in gear and made a budget. I *hate* math with a passion, but I must admit I DO feel a lot better knowing exactly where we stand down to the very last dollar when it comes to the adoption, and that's what this blog is focusing on.

As you can see, we have a new chip in widget. No we didn't hit our goal on the old one (but 60% ain't bad!) but the thing is, when I made the original one, I just threw out a random number for a "goal"...this time we have a REAL goal!

$1854 (and eleven cents but it wouldn't let me add that...I *LEGIT* budgeted down to the penny...)

If we can somehow, someway raise $1854 through the chipin button, we will be fully funded all the way THROUGH our 2nd trip!! That means that our yardsale or flea market fundraiser, any other "nights" we're given at local restaurants, and our BIG Alice in Wonderland themed 'un'birthday bash will ALL go to raise money for the final leg of this journey...the trip to bring our daughter home. WOW!!! That's so incredible to me!

So, please, if you feel led to donate anything, or if you want to buy a wristband, or enter the gift basket giveaway, use the chipin button so we can all watch TOGETHER how each dollar kicks the chip in ticker a little to the right, and brings us a little closer to bringing our girl home.

I'm excited! Let's get it done so we can move on to saving for trip #3!!!

I'll get out of the way now so David can post his daddy's corner.

Good night blogger. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment