I'm a married mother of "3 1/2" ;) and the loves of my life are my faith and my family. I've grown in my faith over the last two years since my daughter's adoption, she is the reason why I started this blog in the first place, and I'm so looking forward to watching God move in my heart, and the hearts of others who follow along on our journey towards bringing home one of "the least of these". Special needs adoption is my mission field, whether I'm adopting a child myself, or helping other families get funded, or shouting for waiting children who need families to find them, and I hope you'll come along for the ride and watch what God can accomplish when we say yes to His command to care for the orphan, and go out into the world to be His hands and feet.

Apparent Project Fundraiser

Apparent Project Fundraiser

Hello :)

Hello :)

My Better Half

My Better Half

The Crew

The Crew

The New Guy

The New Guy

Before Adoption

Before Adoption

Two Years After Adoption

Two Years After Adoption

Sunday, December 25, 2011

And the official name is....

we hit 200 likes on facebook!!! whoo hoo! thanks to everyone who has "liked" us so far, and we'll announce our contest in the morning! I'll drop a hint though...the person who gives us the most help reaching 300 likes, will get a gift card! Details in the morning.

Now...for the big reveal! LOL

This sweet baby girls name is going to be.....
...
Natasha Christine Morse

From the minute I saw her, the name Natasha popped into my head. It's a strong Eastern European name, and we felt she should always carry a piece of her heritage with her...so that's one part of it...another part is the fact that our niece (who is also adopted) is named Natalie, and Natasha is Russian for Natalie (or so they tell me!) so I thought it would be sweet if our 2 adopted princesses had similar names...and the 3rd reason, which is more of a trivia thing than anything else...is because my favorite actress of all time is Natalie Wood...and her real name was Natasha. :)

Now for the middle name....Christine. David actually picked this name out, because he wanted her to be named after the One who sent her too us...Christ our Savior. :) But, that is only half of the story behind the name Christine! As you know we found our sweet girl (or, she found us! lol) through Reece's Rainbow...and there is such an awesome network of people who donate to, pray for, fundraise for, and love on these precious children. When we first fell in love with Natasha there were 3 people who took us under their wing, prayed for us, gave us advice, added us on facebook, and who have been there every step of the way. One of these amazing women actually wanted to adopt Natasha too! These amazing women are named:

Krista, Christina, and Christine.

How amazing is that?! David didn't know this when he picked Natasha's middle name!! God definitely had a hand in this name, much like He's had a hand in this entire process!

So there you have it! Leave a comment and let us know what you think of the name!

2 comments:

  1. It's a wonderful name...and I'm thrilled she has a family. God Bless...will be following.

    ReplyDelete