I'm a married mother of "3 1/2" ;) and the loves of my life are my faith and my family. I've grown in my faith over the last two years since my daughter's adoption, she is the reason why I started this blog in the first place, and I'm so looking forward to watching God move in my heart, and the hearts of others who follow along on our journey towards bringing home one of "the least of these". Special needs adoption is my mission field, whether I'm adopting a child myself, or helping other families get funded, or shouting for waiting children who need families to find them, and I hope you'll come along for the ride and watch what God can accomplish when we say yes to His command to care for the orphan, and go out into the world to be His hands and feet.

Apparent Project Fundraiser

Apparent Project Fundraiser

Hello :)

Hello :)

My Better Half

My Better Half

The Crew

The Crew

The New Guy

The New Guy

Before Adoption

Before Adoption

Two Years After Adoption

Two Years After Adoption

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Dear Santa

If Natasha could ask for one thing this Christmas, what do you think it would be? I saw this on another blog, and it seems fitting. It also broke my heart.

Dear Santa,
All I really want for Christmas is someone to tuck me in at night. A mommy and daddy who will tell me that I'll never be alone and whose love for me will never end. Of all that I could ask for, well, there's just one think I need. All I really want for Christmasis a family.


I think I felt my heart shatter as I read that for the first time. While most kids are fixated with what goodie's they'll find under the Christmas tree in a week, there are children who really want nothing more than a parent to hold them on their lap, kiss their little forehead, and love them forever. What kills me the most is that MY little girl is one of those kids. I try so hard not to let my mind go there...not to think about what she's doing or feeling because it's too hard. There is a 17 hour time difference and I can't tell you how many times I've looked at the clock and said to myself "it's 6pm where she is...I wonder if they've brought her dinner yet...I wonder if she's been held or hugged today." It's unbearable. I hope that somewhere deep down she can feel how much she's loved...because she IS so incredibly loved by us.



No comments:

Post a Comment