I'm a married mother of "3 1/2" ;) and the loves of my life are my faith and my family. I've grown in my faith over the last two years since my daughter's adoption, she is the reason why I started this blog in the first place, and I'm so looking forward to watching God move in my heart, and the hearts of others who follow along on our journey towards bringing home one of "the least of these". Special needs adoption is my mission field, whether I'm adopting a child myself, or helping other families get funded, or shouting for waiting children who need families to find them, and I hope you'll come along for the ride and watch what God can accomplish when we say yes to His command to care for the orphan, and go out into the world to be His hands and feet.

Apparent Project Fundraiser

Apparent Project Fundraiser

Hello :)

Hello :)

My Better Half

My Better Half

The Crew

The Crew

The New Guy

The New Guy

Before Adoption

Before Adoption

Two Years After Adoption

Two Years After Adoption

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Daddy's Corner - Happy New Year to All

Before beginning this week's Daddy's Corner I just wanted to take a moment to thank everyone so very, very much for your love, support and interest in this wonderful journey to bring our precious little Natasha home.  I wish for you and your family the very best for a very happy, healthy and safe new year.  We are excited that 2012 has come upon us as we pray that this time next year, sweet Natasha will be welcoming in the new year with her mommy, daddy and her 2 brothers.  For those of you that are new to this blog or that have not read a Daddy's Corner before, it is my chance to "talk" to Natasha and just sort of have a conversation with her.  This week's post is a little different.  I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I've enjoyed writing it.  Please feel free to leave comments, if you desire, on this or any of our posts and once again, Happy New Year!!!  Now on with the post:

The little blond hair girl sits alone in her crib looking out the window as the day goes by...she begins to cry.
Little girl lost sits alone in her crib...looking so sad...she's desperately praying for a mom and a dad.
Though she doesn't know it...six thousand miles away...sitting at a table there's a husband and a wife working hard to come save her life.

My darling Natasha, I hope you are enjoying the start of the new year and are as anxious as I am that we will be together soon.  The process to bring you home is a long one, dear one, but fret not...your mommy and daddy love you very, very much and are doing everything they can to bring you to your forever home soon.  There is a beautiful lullaby out there, Natasha, and in part it goes like this:

Goodnight, my angel time to close your eyes...I promise I will never leave you and you should always know that no matter where you are I never will be far away.
Goodnight, my angel now it's time to dream and dream how wonderful your life will be...then in your heart there will always be a part of me.

I love you my darling daughter.  Happy New Year to you.  I send loads of love and eskimo kisses your way and as I always say to you....keep looking at the moon and the stars and and know that when you do, mommy and daddy are looking at them too and dreaming of you.  I love you baby doll and I'll talk to you soon.
Love,
Daddy

1 comment:

  1. I just love these posts. It is so evident the love you already have for sweet Natasha. Happy New Year to you all!

    ReplyDelete