I'm a married mother of "3 1/2" ;) and the loves of my life are my faith and my family. I've grown in my faith over the last two years since my daughter's adoption, she is the reason why I started this blog in the first place, and I'm so looking forward to watching God move in my heart, and the hearts of others who follow along on our journey towards bringing home one of "the least of these". Special needs adoption is my mission field, whether I'm adopting a child myself, or helping other families get funded, or shouting for waiting children who need families to find them, and I hope you'll come along for the ride and watch what God can accomplish when we say yes to His command to care for the orphan, and go out into the world to be His hands and feet.

Apparent Project Fundraiser

Apparent Project Fundraiser

Hello :)

Hello :)

My Better Half

My Better Half

The Crew

The Crew

The New Guy

The New Guy

Before Adoption

Before Adoption

Two Years After Adoption

Two Years After Adoption

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Reposted from facebook, but important so please read :)

I kind of feel the need to put this out there. When entering the adoption process, I had no intention of "defending" my decision to people who disagreed with it. I feel as though God called me to do this, and whether or not my friends or family are on board or not really doesn't amount to a whole lot when compared to God's Will for my life...but I am going to clear the air about a few things, and ...then I'm not going to ever bring them up again.

I am not buying a child. I am paying a ransom for a child. I am buying her freedom, a fundamental human right that all people should have, that this child does not.

Not having $35,000 cash lying around does not define whether or not I am a good mother. Adoption is expensive, international adoption is EXTREMELY expensive. My husband makes a decent living, it's enough to allow me to stay home with my kids, it's enough to pay the bills, put food on the table, buy our kids everything they need (and a lot of what they want), we can go out and have a good time (within reason), and at the end of the day we still have some left over to tuck away. That being said, I'm not rich, and I don't know many people who could come up with $35,000 within a few months and if they could, it would most definitely cause their lifestyle to take a hit.

The next time you decide to judge a persons parenting skills based on their bank statement, take a minute to ask yourself if YOU would have been able to take YOUR OWN children home from the hospital after their birth if the following was said to you:

"Here is your baby, you can have him after you do this stack of paperwork, we get five letters of reference, we do a record check, give you a physical, check into your mental health status, look at your bank account, inspect your house, you take 15 hours of parenting classes, 10 hours of cultural sensitivity training, three social work interviews... oh and you have to give us $35,000 before we let him go."

Just some food for thought. If you can't be supportive during this process, I kindly ask you to gracefully bow out of our lives. We don't need your negativity and Natasha definately doesn't need to come home to people who haven't loved her from day one.

End of rant. Thanks for reading. It will never be brought up again. :)

3 comments:

  1. Very well put! Praying for you all, that this process goes as quickly as possible. Merry Christmas to your family. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry that some people in your life are not supportive. Just pray that as they watch this story play out, their hearts will be changed!

    Amber
    http://whatthecrosshasdone.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish all the people in your life would be more supportive of this wonderful thing you're doing!

    ReplyDelete