I'm a married mother of "3 1/2" ;) and the loves of my life are my faith and my family. I've grown in my faith over the last two years since my daughter's adoption, she is the reason why I started this blog in the first place, and I'm so looking forward to watching God move in my heart, and the hearts of others who follow along on our journey towards bringing home one of "the least of these". Special needs adoption is my mission field, whether I'm adopting a child myself, or helping other families get funded, or shouting for waiting children who need families to find them, and I hope you'll come along for the ride and watch what God can accomplish when we say yes to His command to care for the orphan, and go out into the world to be His hands and feet.

Apparent Project Fundraiser

Apparent Project Fundraiser

Hello :)

Hello :)

My Better Half

My Better Half

The Crew

The Crew

The New Guy

The New Guy

Before Adoption

Before Adoption

Two Years After Adoption

Two Years After Adoption

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Sorry for the lack of posts!

I know I've been totally MIA lately, I had every intention of blogging while on my trek to and from Chicago (a 1200 mile roundtrip, done in less that 48 hours!)...but the sleep deprivation told me that attempting to blog would end in me embarassing myself, so I waited lol. I took a few pics while we were up there, and I'll post them here for everyone to see!

Here's the deal with why we drove from Tennessee to Chicago in two days. The short story is this: we needed many copies of our birth certificates and marriage license...and we were born in Cook County so it was a WAY better idea to drive up to get them than to wait for Cook County to decide to mail them...somewhere in the neighborhood of 8 weeks from now!

We didn't have the time or patience to wait that long, so into the car we went and drove straight through, slept at my sister in laws house, had lunch with my girlfriends, got our certificates, had dinner, slept at my sister in laws again, got up, applied for our passports, had lunch, then hit the road back to Tennessee. Somewhere along the line I got food poisoning, which is lovely. *sarcasm*

So, that's where I've been! We got a lot of stuff for Natasha's adoption squared away,  we sent some emails, we filled out some paperwork...it was a productive couple of days!

Enjoy the pics!

I couldn't go to Chicago and NOT get Jack a Bears shirt for his birthday!

I love this picture of Jack playing at the park with his cousin...I'm so glad they got to spend time together <3


Had lunch at La Peep with my girls (+1 since Skye got to come!) across the street from Harpo Studios in downtown Chicago


In case you're asking yourself what in the world Harpo Studios is...lol...it's where Oprah used to film her show, not I think Rosie O'Donnell films there.


See ya later, Sweet Home Chicago!!


My adorable hubby rockin' all his new Blackhawks gear...starting the trek back to Tennessee!!
Last but not least, we picked this up at Target for Natasha! She needed SOMETHING for Christmas, so we settled on getting her a princess piggy bank...and stuffing it full of dough for when she comes home! She's going to need lots of educational toys to get her up and going and exploring...she's going to need an ENTIRE wardrobe because I have two boys! There will be no hand me downs for her!! Plus she's going to need an entire bedroom put together! So yeah, this pig needs to eat lots-o-money in the next few months! LOL

1 comment:

  1. I love the post. Princess pig is very fitting. Thanks for sharing your journey with us!

    ReplyDelete