I'm a married mother of "3 1/2" ;) and the loves of my life are my faith and my family. I've grown in my faith over the last two years since my daughter's adoption, she is the reason why I started this blog in the first place, and I'm so looking forward to watching God move in my heart, and the hearts of others who follow along on our journey towards bringing home one of "the least of these". Special needs adoption is my mission field, whether I'm adopting a child myself, or helping other families get funded, or shouting for waiting children who need families to find them, and I hope you'll come along for the ride and watch what God can accomplish when we say yes to His command to care for the orphan, and go out into the world to be His hands and feet.

Apparent Project Fundraiser

Apparent Project Fundraiser

Hello :)

Hello :)

My Better Half

My Better Half

The Crew

The Crew

The New Guy

The New Guy

Before Adoption

Before Adoption

Two Years After Adoption

Two Years After Adoption

Friday, December 16, 2011

"There can be no keener revelation of a society's soul than the way in which it treats its children." -Nelson Mandela

This post is difficult to write, but I feel like it's necessary. I am blessed to have an overwhelming amount of love and support through this process, but that doesn't mean that *everyone* is on board. I was asked today "how do you handle hearing negative things about your adoption?" and the short answer is: I choose to surround myself with love.

I don't have time for people who make it their mission in life to see people suffer and hurt. I don't let people like that get to me because that's exactly what they're looking for...anger, a reaction, attention...they are looking to get SOMETHING out of hurting me (or you, or whomever their target is) and I don't give them the satisfaction.

I had someone tell me today that they *hope* we fail our home study! My jaw hit the floor. This wasn't a person who disliked me, or who I disliked, this was a family member. A family member who has now been all but removed from my life. I didn't know what to say to that, but I know what I'm going to do. I'm going to pray for her. Anyone who's heart is that icy needs prayer because there are under lying issues that aren't being dealt with.

You can love someone, but distance yourself at the same time. I have chosen to distance myself from this person because it is a negative environment and I don't want to be a part of it, but I will still love her, and still pray for her.

As far as my sweet baby girl, she was moved into the "My Family Found Me" section on RR!!! I'm so in love with her and I'm so excited that I got to SEE progress being made!!!

More later! Have a great weekend everyone!

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry that happened. You and Dave are doing what's right for your family and nobody else can tell you anything different.

    ReplyDelete